Maximize your space! Add an outdoor kitchen to your Los Angeles home
While the team at Creative Vision Remodeling continues to serve the Houston area with creative and professional remodeling services, we’ve also been paying close attention to trends within general contracting. Now, with Summer ending…it was the season of the epic BBQ, and the perfect time to discuss one of those general contracting trends. Did you know you could maximize your living space by adding an outdoor kitchen?
When it comes to Houston renovation projects, we find that many clients weigh their options between expanding their current living space with a home addition vs. adding an outdoor kitchen design. I’m sure you can imagine that adding an outdoor kitchen is much less of an investment than an addition to your home…but, there is more than just the benefit of saving on your estimate. Outdoor kitchen designs allow you to incorporate style, design, and convenience into your backyard.
Here are a few pro-tips about what to expect with an outdoor kitchen design:
- Custom outdoor kitchens might consist of wine chillers, under-counter refrigerators, pizza ovens, wet bars, fireplaces, side burners, smokers, warming drawers and even roasting spits.
- Not much space is needed to install an outdoor kitchen, the space just needs to be functional for cooking, entertaining, and relaxing.
- Something to consider when planning your outdoor kitchen is the proximity to the indoor one. The more convenient this kitchen is to your indoor one, the less travel for items such as seasonings, utensils, dinnerware, and food items.
- Also, having an attached, covered outdoor kitchen can extend the length of time you can use this new food preparation and serving area.
When it comes to your outdoor kitchen remodeling project, lighting is just as important for making a mark in your outdoor space as it is when setting the tone for your indoor space. The ambiance is great, of course, but safety should be your top priority when it comes to lighting around an outdoor kitchen.
Here are a few suggestions when looking at lighting for your outdoor kitchen design:
- Brighten areas where cooking.
- Pathways should be well-lit.
- Your outdoor lounge and dining areas should have adjustable lighting.
During your outdoor kitchen design project, you’ll want to careful in selecting your materials. This is something that your general contractor should help you with. However, we wanted to offer another remodeling pro-tip when selecting your materials.
Here are the top materials to use for your outdoor countertops:
- Granite. Granite is probably the best choice for outdoor kitchen countertops.
- Next on the list would be Soapstone. Soapstone is another natural material that can be used outdoors.
- Tile. Tile is a good choice for outdoor use as well, especial in warmer climates.
- Concrete. Concrete countertops would be another great option for your outdoor kitchen. Not only are they on-trend with 2020 kitchen designs in Houston but, also great with the weather.
When it comes to your remodeling project remember that no job is ever too small. We invite you to take advantage of a compliment in-home consultation. Having our team by for a consultation is a wonderful way to receive an estimate for your outdoor kitchen while also creating a 3D design. Remember, together with Creative Vision Remodeling we can dream…design and build. We’re happy to answer any questions about your Houston outdoor kitchen renovation.